Investing in Community
The Community Grants Cycle is the heart of the Bainbridge Community Foundation (BCF) grants program. Since its inception in 2005, more than $1.8 million in grant dollars have been awarded through this program.
This Year’s Awards
Highlights from the 2017 Community Grants Cycle:
- A record-breaking $269,887 was awarded to 62 nonprofits serving Bainbridge Islanders in arts and culture, animal welfare, education, environment, health and human services, and recreation.
- Six local organizations were funded for the first time, as the grant program engaged a record number of funding partners and 20 new donors.
- Over half of this year’s recipients, some 32 organizations, saw their requests fully funded.
- Grant applications were reviewed by an evaluation team of nearly 50 community volunteers who interviewed applicants, made site visits, and performed financial due diligence for each organization.
This success of this year’s Community Grants Cycle is due in large part to the countless volunteer hours given by our evaluation team and our record number of funding partners. Another key to the program’s growth was a new online “grant catalog,” published for the first time in May 2017. The catalog showed initial grant recommendations for each organization, and invited donors to boost the awards with additional contributions.
BCF has seen dramatic growth in its Community Grants Cycle, doubling our annual grants by total dollars in just five years. In 2013, 49 local agencies received a total of $139,000 for an average grant of $2,800. This year saw an average award of $4,353, even as BCF funded a record number of organizations. For more information on our Community Grants Cycle, please see the following PDFs:
- Complete list of 2017 Community Grants Cycle awards
- Funding details of the 2017 Community Grants Cycle awards
- Community Grants Cycle awards by nonprofit organization, 2005-2016
|Dollars Granted||Average Grant Size||Number of Grants Awarded
Does your nonprofit organization want to apply for a Community Grants Cycle award? Here’s how!
Is your organization a BCF grantee in need of our logo? Access the BCF mark here.
“A grant from BCF is a strong stamp of approval in our community. It helped us leverage a grant from the Harvest Foundation and inspired confidence with our teaching artists for the financial sustainability of the program — since government funding for the program began to decline a few years ago.”
—Bainbridge Island Arts and Humanities Council