Frontlines of Change
We’re always on the lookout for people who have a passion for building community to volunteer with Bainbridge Community Foundation (BCF). Volunteer opportunities both large and small help advance the mission and programs of the foundation.
One of our largest areas of volunteer work is with through the Community Grants Cycle. The success of the Community Grants Cycle is heavily reliant upon the teamwork of our wonderful volunteers. Volunteer roles include:
- Survey Analyst: Help BCF staff and other volunteers analyze the data from our Nonprofit Survey to identify key issues and trends.
- Sector Specialist/Researcher: Provide additional research or content to help sector teams be better prepared for grantmaking to a particular sector.
- Financial Analyst: Work with the Program and Finance Officer to review financial data provided in grant applications.
- Evaluation Team Member: Review, conduct site visits, and report back on multiple applications within an assigned sector.
- Administrative Assistant: Assist BCF staff in preparing materials for Community Grants Cycle events and activities.
- Event Assistant: Provide hands-on assistance at special events.
- Community Conversation Host: Host a gathering at your home to feature one or more grantees and highlight their work to a small audience of engaged residents and stakeholders.
- Writer/Editor: Help highlight the stories of the Community Grants Cycle by composing new written materials or assisting with the editing process.
- Final Evaluation Analyst: Review and analyze information from the Final Grants Reports for inclusion in the Year-End Grants Report.
BCF is committed to supporting a positive and fun environment for all of our volunteers. The time commitment for the above roles can range from a few hours to several hours per week during the heart of the review period. We are committed to working with you to find a role that fits with your interest and available time.
If you’re interested in learning more about any of the above roles, please call us at 206-842-0433.
“It is a privilege to work with Bainbridge Community Foundation. They are both professional and approachable and a wonderful resource. BCF leverages the good work done by many nonprofits by offering educational trainings and opportunities for collaboration, keeping our community informed of critical issues, and supporting the work we do through their grantmaking. BCF helps us all to be the best that we can be for our community.”
—Rita Elsberry, Executive Director, Island Volunteer Caregivers