You want to get involved. We can help.
The strength of a community is defined by participation. Bainbridge Community Foundation (BCF) provides a way for Bainbridge residents to become meaningfully involved in our community through charitable giving. You — and BCF — share a passion for all that is distinctly Bainbridge.
With your partnership, we help passionate and caring community members make a difference on Bainbridge Island through strategic giving and sound investment. We manage donor assets, invest those assets, and distribute grants to organizations that make a positive impact on Bainbridge.
BCF encourages donations of all sizes and welcome emerging as well as seasoned philanthropists into the critically important process of community building. When you collaborate with BCF to support our community, your return on investment manifests in many ways.
Gain financial education
- Local nonprofits
- Areas of community need
- Philanthropic trends and forecasting
- Giving options and associated advantages
Enjoy a simplified process
Reap the benefits of a community foundation
- Increase the strength of your gift: We put your charitable dollars where they will make the biggest difference.
- Extend the reach of your gift: We help nonprofits build internal capacity so they can more effectively use grant money.
- Ensure the permanence of your gift: We focus on the long-term health of our community and grant money where it will make a lasting impact.
- Stay engaged with how your charitable dollars are spent: We welcome donor involvement and encourage active participation in your philanthropy.
- Benefit from tax advantages: Bainbridge Community Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation organized under the laws of the State of Washington. Contributions to the foundation qualify as charitable deductions as allowed by the Internal Revenue Service.
BCF Leadership Circle
Bainbridge Community Foundation welcomes donors who make unrestricted annual gifts of $1,000 or more into the Leadership Circle. Unrestricted giving supports the foundation’s discretionary grantmaking, special programs, and activities. These donors make a profound difference in the lives of countless who benefit from BCF’s Community Grants Cycle, educational programs, and nonprofit support and training. To make a gift to the BCF Community Fund, click here.
“We were pleased to make a Donor Advised Fund at Bainbridge Community Foundation a beneficiary within our estate plan. It will help BCF make a permanent impact in our community. Additionally, our children, as fund advisors, will stay connected with issues bigger than themselves and be engaged in the disciplines of responsible philanthropy. As a byproduct they will have the opportunity to build relationships with the best of our community: those who share a philanthropic spirit.”
—Carl Middleton, Bainbridge Community Foundation Trustee and Board Treasurer,
and his wife, Salli Middleton