COVID-19 Resources for Nonprofits
Resources for nonprofit organizations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
GRANTS: Community Response Fund
Bainbridge Community Foundation’s Community Response Fund (CRF) provides limited financial resources to nonprofit organizations for urgent health and human service needs on Bainbridge Island, especially during times of economic hardship or human or natural disaster. The COVID-19 pandemic is one of those times. We are all aware that needs are changing almost on a daily basis. In an effort to remain nimble and to provide support to our nonprofit partners, BCF is accepting requests for funding from 501(c)(3) human/social service nonprofit organizations that have received funding at least once through either the Community Grants Cycle or Capacity Building Grants Cycle since 2016. Considerations include but are not limited to:
- Funding need emanates from the current emergency situation
- Grant will replace or provide temporary funding for a program or capital expenditure that meets a critical and urgent community need
- Grant should directly benefit the greater Bainbridge Island community
- Will benefit the greatest number of people or the most under-served populations
BCF will consider applications on a rolling and case-by-case basis for the foreseeable future. The grants committee will review applications once a week. Checks will be sent out as quickly as possible. Because this is an evolving situation, these will be short-term grants and grantees will be able to submit subsequent requests. The applicant will also affirm in their application that they do not discriminate on any basis for any of its activities/operations and are an equal opportunity employer.
CRF Application Process
We use Common Grant Application to manage all of our grantmaking.
- If this is your first time using Common Grant Application, log on to their website and click the sign‐up button at the top of the page or click here.
- If you are a returning applicant, log in to your existing account. Please DO NOT set up a new account. Once logged in to Common Grant Application, please review your organization’s contact information by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen and edit appropriately, this is especially important if you’ve had any staff turnover to make sure emails are sent to the correct person.
- Lastly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org that you’ve completed a CRF grant application.
The Proposal Review Process
The BCF Grants Committee will review all proposals and make funding recommendations. It may request a site visit and/or additional information.
Many nonprofits are eligible for public assistance programs through the CARES Act. Please see the For Businesses page for more information.